This week in class, we had a critique. I found this helpful as it gave me ways to move forward with my designs.
One important change that I made this week was to my colour scheme.
I changed some of my colours so that they connected to the sites more, as well as the colours just working together better. This change also happened because colours were not able to be seen on my original map design which I came up with this week.
(original map)
I wanted to map out the Wellington City area just close to the markets rather than the entire city. I also decided to add public toilets onto my map later on as I decided this was useful information to know when you are at the markets with no toilets there.
I also created my information page this week. I decided with my 3 market pages to use my design with the market photos in circles. This was because I felt that the hand designs were too harsh with the diagonal photograph in the background. For my information page, I decided to use the hand design though.
I used this without a photograph in the background and I put together a collection of drawings of items from each market.
I began just looking at the hand image, and then added another page to the design to make it a spread.
I included information about Wellington city and a brief intro to markets. I wanted my key to go on this page so that people would understand what each icon meant on each page.
I also changed some of the items in the hands to more clearly recognised ones.
Another update I made this week was to my cover (front and back).
I didn't change it too much, but I changed the colours to fit the new colour scheme, Added the words 'A guide to' and made the background circle coloured rather than white.






No comments:
Post a Comment