Week Three:
We looked at Pattern and Colour in class.
I spent some of class time really having a look at each market's website and Facebook page. I thought it was interesting to see how each one differently advertises their market- who do they target it at? What do they say they sell?
I particularly found it interesting that the city market really emphasised their 'artisan' food and "star studded line up", as well as how the night market emphasised their variety and diversity, and how the harbourside market really emphasised their history as the "oldest and most popular market in Wellington".
After the first class this week, I realised I needed to pick up the pace and start designing!
I went home feeling very behind and got started with some doodles. I drew images that were symbols or indexical signs for each market- these were things that represented things about the markets, mostly being what people could buy.
I started designing on photoshop by using photos I had taken at each market. At this point, I found colours in my photos and created a colour palette. I came up with a design for each market.
The circles in these designs create a welcoming feel as the round edge is passive rather than aggressive.
I decided to incorporate my doodles into a new set of designs and I again created 3, one for each market.
Each of these hands holds items from each market in a different way- at the moment they don't link to each location specifically (except that the Harbourside market looks like a sailing ship because of the triangle shape). How could I change these so that the shapes created with the hands and doodles links to each market.
I took these into class the next day.
- Seeing other people's designs made me realise that I hadn't taken into account that they were to be double page spreads
-this meant it gave me a first step of development (make them into double page spread designs)
-I was also able to take what we learnt in class about grid layouts and apply this to my design developments







No comments:
Post a Comment